Monday, January 14, 2008

Yay for employment!

Tomorrow Chris starts training for his new job! Woohoo! It's very exciting to go from where we've been, with no income for so long, to looking forward to a regular paycheck. And it's in a field where he can and does see himself for long term. I'll let him write more about job specifics when/if he wants.

Me...well, I'm a little nervous about being the full time parent again. I'm not giving up my career at all, but I am the one with the flexible schedule that I'm going to plan on being more part-time. Last year we switched to Chris being at home...then I was sick and he took on full responsibility of family and house. So it's been almost a year since I've been the primary caregiver. And for the last few months, Chris and I have worked together at everything...and honestly, I've been letting him take on most of the responsibility out of habit. I'm worried that I won't be able to keep up with two little girls. Or that I'll be lonely with out Chris around to laugh and talk with. Or that I will simply get so stressed out at it all and spend the day yelling at my kids. It seems such a strange thing to feel stressed about; being home with my girls. But I am not sure how I'm going to do. I'm sure I'll get it before too long...I'll just have to take it one day at a time.

4 comments:

rachel said...

Oh Heidi, you're going to do great. But I can see why you'd be a little anxious about it. You'll do fine! :) You love those girls SO much.

carizolli said...

Yeehaw - when do we get to celebrate? That's such GREAT news! Tell Chris congrats for me. Is he excited?

You know Heidi, I was just thinking today about how nice it is to have the old Heidi back! I'm sure you'll do great with the girls!

What are Chris' hours like? Does this mean you won't be driving up to the temple on Wednesday?

Heidi said...

We are still planning on a trip to the Temple Wed. if gas money holds out. He has training the next two days and will be done by 12:30 so if you will still watch the girls we can go. yay! And we will have to celbrate very soon...probably once we have a better idea of what his schedule will be like. He should know in the next few days.

Julee and Matt said...

Things will be great! Tell Chris congrats on the new job. What is he doing? I miss out on so much being in Utah!