Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's done...

Well, after an exhausting weekend, we are completely moved out of our house. It was frustrating to only have a few hours every day to be in the house because of the lights being off, but we were able to get it done. My parents helped and took a lot of stuff to their house to store, and some good friends helped and stored some more stuff, and Chris' parents helped and we brought everything else back here.

How sad it was to walk through my house for the last time. Seeing all the projects we had done, and personalizing. And also looking at all the projects I had planned or unfinished. In one bedroom there were 2 small closets and I was going to turn one into a little reading nook and paint a tree in it. It was all going to be African savanna themed...I never even got around to painting that room. Then the room we had just turned into my office. We'd painted it such a nice soft blue that was perfect for me right now. And my girls "princess room"...we did pull down and keep the light fixture. We kept the one in the dinning room, too. I'd found it at a garage sale for $2, and LOVE it...I'd never find another like it, and someone else would just throw it out probably. I couldn't live with that. I also have this blue shelf that we hung in the yurt when we lived there. I'd kept it meaning to hang it somewhere someday. Chris wanted to leave it, and my father in law was also keen on trashing it...glad I'm pregnant and emotional cause I cry easily right now...especially over something that important. The shelf is now hanging on a support beam way at the ceiling of the shop and I plan to take it when we move.

Now all our stuff is in piles in our room, and the girl's/play room, and the downstairs almost blocking the entrance. My job is now to go through everything. Decide what we need out and in drawers, what we need to keep but can pack, what we can get rid of...and I need to get on it and get it done as fast as I can. I can't believe how much stuff we've accumulated!

Well, off to "phase 1" of sorting...cleaning my room, folding and doing laundry, finding room for the crib in here, and making room for the rest of the project...I think I need some ice cream...

3 comments:

rachel said...

So glad you got it done. I know what you mean about the pregnancy emotions!! Oh boy, do I know!

Charisse said...

Hello Heidi,

I have been reading your post's but hadn't signed up to leave a comment yet.
I'm sorry that this is all happening right now and being pregnant kind a makes it more difficult. I'm thinking of you.

Julee and Matt said...

Good luck with getting the new place set up. It's the worst to move when you are pregnant. I did it when I was with Madyson.