Friday, January 18, 2008

My sweet Aimee

So, today I was feeling a little blue, tired and unmotivated. The girls were playing nice so I decided to lay down for a few minutes to rest and see if I'd feel better. Aimee came in and asked for something...it wasn't an immediate need, so I asked if she would wait until I'd rested a bit. I told her I was feeling sad. She said "I can cuddle you!" At first I wasn't interested because she is an awfully wiggly cuddler, but I decided to take her up on it. She snuggled up in my arms and lay so still we both fell asleep, and Betty played quietly by herself in the other room...for 2 hours! What a refreshing nap that was. After we woke up, I asked Aimee if her nap was good and if she liked cuddling with mom. She said "Yeah, and I liked cuddling with the baby too." LOL. She is going to be the best big sister!

2 comments:

rachel said...

Aren't little girls the BEST?!
What a darling story.

Julee and Matt said...

How cute! I love the little snuggles...they can really make your day.