Saturday, January 5, 2008

New Year Resolutions (Week 1)

My Resolutions
  • Track the food I eat (eating what I should will come later this year)
  • Exercise weekly (M-W-F strength work, walking every day I can) and track my exercise
  • Go to bed before 11pm and be up at 8am (moving that earlier as the year progresses)
  • Do a weekly meal plan and stick to it
  • Read my scriptures daily (Personal study for me is the New Testament this year)
  • Weekly Family Home Evening
  • Attend the Temple at least 6 times this year
I think there is some kind of conspiracy among the gods of resolutions. They set out to test you the moment you start. Here we are getting sick and still in the holiday celebration mode..making exercise and meal planning very hard. I'm not expecting perfection of myself. I'm only focusing on a few of these right now and plan to work on others as I get better. My overall goal for the year is to become a more disciplined person...doing what I know I need to do, when I need to do it, and following through on what I say I will get done on time. My main focus this month is reading my scriptures most days, tracking my food and exercise, and getting to bed on time.

So, how am I doing on day 5???? Food tracking is going well. I don't hit my target calories most days and I could definitely be eating better (chocolate from my stocking first thing this morning probably wasn't the wisest choice....), but I'm keeping a record, so that's my start. Exercise...well, I track it when I do it...now I just need to do it more often to keep track. Actually I've done pretty well this week. Only 1 walk, but exercise 2 days, and I think I can get some in today. For only being on day 5 that's not too bad. Now, for getting to bed on time....I think this will be more of a struggle then I thought. I haven't hit 11pm yet...most nights it's after 12 and last night we didn't get in bed until 2:30! Needless to say, I am not getting up on time, either. This goal is going to be something I really have to work on. Especially now that I'm getting into my 3rd trimester and have to wake so frequently in the night to turn over or go to the bathroom.

So, there are my goals...feel free to ask me how I'm doing whenever you talk to me. I like the idea of being accountable for these and the more people know the more I feel compelled to follow through.

1 comment:

rachel said...

Good luck with these. I really didn't set any resolutions this year. Bad girl.