Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Our Primary kids

Sunday was our kids' primary program. Both Aimee and Betty had their parts memorized (Thank you Aunt Miriam!) and were excited. And they both did a great job! They said their parts nice and clearly and slowly. They were fabulous!

That morning, Betty had asked for two pigtails. I'd wanted to do something more interesting, so I turned them into messy buns...which when she saw she veto'd :( ah well. Then at almost the last song, they sang "Called to Serve Him" which has a nice marching beat to it...and she started swinging her tails very spiritedly to the beat. It was hilarious! She took up her "headbanging" during "I am a Child of God" too. Afterwords, we asked if they thought they had sat reverently during the program (neither of them really did, btw...they were quiet, but VERY wiggly). Betty's reply was "reverent as a chipmunk!" lol...guess that summed it up pretty well.

5 comments:

gradyh said...

oh yeah. she's my niece! That's the exact same thing I would say!!

Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rachel said...

Reverent as a chipmunk!! THAT'S a good one!

carizolli said...

I LOVE Betty's answer! That's classic!

Anonymous said...

I'm Betty's other grandpa and she is definitely her mother's daughter. I really love all the women in my life.