Thursday, November 6, 2008

My sick little Katie

Well, here I sit, posting to update...from the hospital... :(

Ok, it's really not so bad, so no one freak out.

She has the Croup. She got an ugly, barking cough that we went in for on Monday. Then we took her to emergency a few days ago because she was having trouble breathing, and I couldn't get her fever down and she was very lathargic. They said most of her breathing issue was from congested head, and he didn't think it was Croup. They got her fever down and she seemed a lot better so we took her home. Yesterday, she still was having difficulty breathing so we made another apt. at our dr office for this morning. The apt was with the nurse who looked at her Monday and she felt she wasn't getting better like she should, so she went and got our doc who felt the same. (and they both said definitely croup...idiot E.D. doc...) They did a breathing treatment and shot to bring the swelling around her voice box down, and sent me to the hospital so she could be watched closely today. When we got here, she needed another breathing treatment, but has been really good since. Seems she is just catching up on sleep she has missed now that she can breath again, and as long as she is realaxed she breaths just fine. We may get to go home tonight.

It's actually really nice here. I may have to take some pics from our room...our view is wonderful! The nurse we had this morning was a girl I went to high school with, so it was fun to catch up, and everone has been really nice. I almost want to stay the night so at least chris can have a night to get caught up on his sleep...and this room is so peaceful and the bench/bed is really comfy...If I get to it, I may even try to get Aimee's birthday pics up while I'm here :)

3 comments:

Misty said...

oh, poor Katie! I hope she gets better fast!

rachel said...

I'm so glad it's not more serious than this... so YES, enjoy your little mini getaway. Especially in the new hospital where I've heard that the view is awesome! Take care of that little angel.

carizolli said...

Oh my! I'm glad she's doing better. I hope she continues to improve!

I agree with Rachel - enjoy your get-away :)