Saturday, November 8, 2008

Home again...

I think we probably have the best doctor in the world. I generally don't get panicky over sickness...but I was freaked out with Katie being so sick. After the shot and the first breathing treatments, there probably wasn't a reason for us to stay in the hospital, and I trust Dr. H so well that he could have easily told us to go home and I would have...but he didn't. He could see I was more comfortable with her hooked up to the monitors so that when she did get fussy and worked up I could see she was still getting enough oxygen. She had shown no signs of needing to be there all day, and the nurse had already told us to be ready to go home after the doc gave his OK. When the doc was there the nurse said "so, they are going home?" and doc was all "no, because it's croup there is a chance it can get bad agian tonight." She didn't...she just slept. He stopped by in the morning, chatted about concerns with Aimee (I think she has asthma :(), and let us know the worst should be over with Katie. One of my big concerns with moving, is that we are going to loose our AMAZING doctor. I just pray we can find someone half as good and caring as our Dr. H.

So, now we are home....It's pretty bad when you prefer a hospital room to your own home (disclaimer....because I know family reads this..family who I live with...any statement I make here does not apply to you personally...I love my family, and things could be so much worse. This situation is bearable because you are here...). I'm really at a point where I'm want to move NOW! If anyone here doesn't know...background...we are living with Chris parents and sister's family. There are 13 of us here. There is space for us all...but it does get a little cramped. And it is hard for me, because I know it's not permanent. We moved in about a year ago...and almost all our stuff is still in boxes. Well, sorta in boxes, because it didn't get packed real well when we moved here. So we have piles in our room, and my girls room, and the living room (this one gives me a good deal of guilt because it is taking living space from the rest of the family that is really needed), and our storage room. And I need to go though it all and repack it for a move to Utah. So, to sum it all up...I hate it here. There is the not enough room issue, the living out of boxes issue, the too far out of town w/only 1 car which chris takes to work issue (I hate living so far out of town...even with 2 cars), the water issue (our well is dry right now, so we have to have it trucked in and ration it), the shared kitchen issue (we all eat together, but there is never enough communication, so schedules/menues/etc. are always making me stressed...and if I have to leave dishes, then I feel guilty cause they are there, or someone else does them), and the laundry issue (part of the water issue mentioned...),,,,

anyway, I could go on. I really hate it here. I'm trying not to. I'm trying to be happy with what I have. But I still find myself hiding in my room so that I don't have to pretend I'm not so unhappy.

So now I've said it...I've vented...I've whined...now to look for positives.

The other day, Aimee found a good thing to be thankful for during night prayer. "I'm thankful for.....um....nails that hold houses up..." lol. I just need to keep that in mind. Even though things suck, there are nails that hold houses up. And even though the noise of rain on this stupid metal roof drives me insane!!, at least the rain is not on my head.

2 comments:

Lis said...

I totally understand the feeling we lived with Matt's parents for 2 1/2 years. It's hard because you do love them but it's really hard to share space with that many people. I hope things get better soon and I am so glad Katie is feeling better.

rachel said...

This is YOUR blog so you vent away all you want. Hang in there. Hide in your room. I don't blame you.
Give that little baby snuggles from me. I'd love to meet her... you should come over here and hang out one day!!!! Christian would love to have visitors to play with. Email me...