Monday, April 27, 2009

Catching up

Ok, so I was thinking how much I needed to do some blogging and looking though pictures I realized I really have ALOT to blog about....so, in no particular order of time or importance...here is what has been happening in our lives.

Chris has been wanting to get some guns for both work and hunting, so we finally got them. We visited some friends to help us learn about them and how to handle them.

This was only my second time handling a gun...I look so pro! lol. I even managed to hit something.

Aimee and Betty each got to try out our friend's .22. (with sufficient help from dad).
And for Grandparents or friends who would wonder why we'd let such little kids shoot a real gun, here is a quote from a great site called Cornered Cat that sums it up.
the more times a child has been to the range, the better: each trip defuses a little bit more of that dangerous childish curiosity, and gives the parents one more chance to talk to the kid about safety around firearms.

Here is Katie, waiting for her turn with the rifle...we told her she would have to wait a bit before she got a turn.


Next up...Aimee lost her tooth!!!! It was so exciting. Chris finally ended up pulling it for her because we could tell it was ready, but she just wasn't getting it out. He said once he got his fingers on it, it came out with no resistance. The tooth fairy brought her a whole dollar! Now, her second one is loose...we'll see how long it takes that one to come out.

EASTER! I thought I had more pictures then this...but oh, well....We went to an egg hunt at the park...it was rather chilly. We stood waiting for about half hour and then the horn blew and the eggs were gone in about 1 minute. It was a blast. Then we did an egg hunt at Aunt Beth's house that was lots of fun, and we had a quiet Easter dinner at home with just us. It was very nice.

And finally (though I think this is the oldest....) We had a get together with some friends...and well..sorry Cari, I just HAD to post this picture :p. Some friends were visiting from Oregon, other's we'd never met in person before. It was a great night, with good food and great company.

6 comments:

charisse said...

Sounds fun with all the stuff you have been doing. We plan on taking our girls shooting a couple of years from now since daddy REALLY wants them to understand all the rules for handling them. Thanks for updating us.

Amber G. said...

Shooting?! Are you serious? Without me? lol. =D Your Easter souded really fun.(and so did the shooting.) I am glad you updated because i was wondering what was going on over there. Where did you put that little critter when you found it on the side of the road? I love you so much! Tell your family "hi!" for me =) .

Heidi said...

Your mom said you were wanting to learn to shoot. If it is ok with them, maybe we will see if we can set something up when you come to visit. The critter was taken to a wooded area once we had decided it wasn't a pet. We think it was a vole. Everyone here says hi, and we love you too.

rachel said...

Katie is soooo cute!!

Linna said...

I love your new look on the blog - especially the family photo! Gorgeous!

Amber G. said...

Lol, I think my mom tells everybody now that I want to shoot. That would be fun to go shooting with you guys. Love you! =)