Sunday, March 1, 2009

Betty is 5!!!!

What a week it's been! Betty turned 5 on the 22, but we didn't do a party until yesterday, so I was waiting to post it all at once.
Do you see that little monkey? We had a lady from Church stopping by and I told her that we were doing dinner for Betty...It was Sunday when I told her, and I'm sure she didn't stop by the store or anything...but she came up with a gift for her. A little basket with nail polish and this little monkey, who she adores! Our upstairs neighbor also came up with a last minute gift for her..bath soaps and a little handbag...PERFECT! What wonderful neighbors we have!As usual, we started out with a Birthday Breakfast...Betty chose yogurt, but we decided they needed toast and eggs too. Oh, and hot chocolate. Her pick for dinner was hamburgers and potato chips (because "everybody likes that"...what a little hostess!) Her cake had to be "raspberry"...so I did chocolate cake with raspberry jam filling and buttercream frosting with raspberry jam on top. It was really good! She is so creative.

For her party...well, we haven't met a ton of kids her age yet. We invited the ones we had met, and cousins. Unfortunately, our cousins got sick and we missed them. One little girl's mom droped her off and asked if we had enough kids. I told her it would be a small party, but we'd still have fun. She asked if I wanted her to ask another little girl on our road, which she did...and her mom came up with a last minute gift too! (I think I need to stock up on little kid gifts...just in case...) The kids decided to play hide & seek. We did some other games...but the kids didn't know each other, so they were all a little shy. If I'd thought about it better, I would have prepared some more organized "getting to know you" type games.

For the party we did cupcakes and icecream sundays. The kids got to pick what they wanted.
So, that was Betty's birthday. It was great, we met some nice new people, and had a lot of fun! I sure love this kid and enjoyed celebrating her this week.

3 comments:

carizolli said...

I'm glad Betty had such a great birthday party! *yay* for new friends!

Kirsten said...

Happy birthday Betty!!! What a great mama you are, your sweet girl had a great day, I can tell. Miss you!!!

rachel said...

Didn't you just have her???