Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First day of school

Aimee went to school today. She got on the big yellow bus and it drove away. I am, surprisingly, sad about this. I'm so excited for her, and I know she's going to love it...but I am still sad that my baby is growing up. She was so excited. She was absolutely beaming as we got ready to go and walked down to meet the bus! I can hardly wait for her to get home so I can hear all about her first day. Betty keeps saying how much she misses her sister. I took pictures and will get them up when I can.

In other news...(since my blogging has been lacking...)

Katie is now 3 months old. She is working on using her hands, and has started smiling and flirting with everyone. She has the best little wiggle that goes with her wide mouth, gummy grins, too. She is such a little joy!

Betty is doing well, too. She wishes she were going to school, too. I'm going to try to find some good activites to do with her while Katie naps and Aimee is in school. I feel like she has missed out on 1 on 1 mommy time because Aimee was still so little when she was born. I'm cherishing that time I get with Katie now, and realizing that I didn't get it with Betty, so I'm going to start taking some time each day to just be with my Betty.

Chris and I have decided that we need to move forward with getting to Utah. We have had strong spiritual promptings that it is where we need to be...and we've had little faith in regards to getting there. We are planning to be moving before the new year...and are praying for a miracle to allow us the funds to do it, and the faith that the Lord will provide the way. For a long time the plan was that he would move and the girls and I would stay until he got settled, but that just doesn't feel like a good idea. We need to stay together, and I believe the Lord will help us.

So, that is a short update on us...Pictures to come soon.

9 comments:

Lis said...

First days of school are the hardest. Marina had me take her this year. I hope all goes well with the plan to move to UT. Let us know so we can help/visit you.

Lis

rachel said...

It's good to hear an update from you. First day of school. Wow. It's always hard. Every year I go back and forth with the excitement of them returning to their friends and teachers, who they love, and the sadness of having to share them with the world again. I love summers.
Good luck with the move... or should I say, good luck with the decision process. You guys will do what's right for you. Way to have faith!!
Hugs to you and Chris and the girlies.

Julee and Matt said...

Let me know if you need anything with your move to Utah. Since we are here we can help out with anything we can, just let me know. We also did a big move on faith and it has been great for us. I can't believe how big your girls are getting and I hope the first day of school is wonderful.
PS - E-mail me with anything we can help with: mjhartvigson@yahoo.com

charisse said...

Welcome Back to Blogging!!!

We have started school here too, but I'm so glad that Ashley is at home doing her school not at public school.
You know... I haven't EVEN see you since you had little baby #3. I'm sure Katie has changed so much since your last posted pictures.

Take care and love ya,

Charisse

Kirsten said...

I am glad that you posted, good luck with the move, wow what an adventure. I am sure it will all work out. I can't believe you are dealing with school, ahhhhhhh. Good luck!!!

Misty said...

Wow, UT? Dave said you might be heading up to WW next month? LMK if you do!

carizolli said...

I hope her first day went well. I can't wait to hear all about it...and see pics of course!

Paula said...

When we moved to Washington, Josh's job started mid Feb and the rest of us couldn't go until the beginning of March. Even for such a short time, it's REALLY hard. I think it's great that you have made the commitment to move together...it will make a world of difference! Good luck! My sister and her family live there and have for a while, so if you are looking for job connections, housing connections, just let me know and I'll get some info from them. Good luck!!!!

gradyh said...

Pictures!! I demand Pictures! =)

Please.