Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pictures of the bags



So here are the pictures of my new grocery bags. I must say, I've discovered that having pretty grocery bags is truly one of life's simple pleasures. I love little things like that that make me smile...and it's so much better having made them myself! I've used them 3 times now (yeah, I forgot things that many times...good thing we have stores that are close...) They guy at wal-mart said he liked them cause they fit really well in the loading area, unlike the ones that you can buy at wal-mart. (he just slid the handles right where the holders were for the plastic ones). The lady at the store tonight asked if I'd made them and said they'd turned out really nice. I also like how sturdy they feel when they are loaded with groceries. And, I keep them in a little stack (gotta find a good place to keep it) and then I can slide my ongoing shopping list inside the pocket of one...that way I'm less likely to forget them when I go to the store and I have a place to keep a list of things we need. Oh, I'm so going to have to make more of these, so I can get a whole week's worth of groceries in them. And I was thinking they'd make great bags for the girls for Sacrament meeting...maybe with slightly longer handles....hmmmm...now where did that stash of fabric go??? :)

4 comments:

Miriam said...

I love them! I want to do the same thing.

Lis said...

Heidi your bags turned out so cute! Great job.

Adam, Elisa and Josh said...

Those are so cute! I need to know what pattern you used or copied so I can copy you and make some too!

charisse said...

Hey Heidi,

Been sometime since I've been to your blog... Been on vacation and homeschooling has taken most of all my time. I'm slowing down with computer blogging now am on Facebook though. I am going to take sewing lessons this year for myself. SO... thanks for an idea to do.